WHAT IS A COOKIE?
Cookies are small text files that are downloaded to your electronic device (mobile phone, computer or tablet) when you access the Web. Among other things, cookies are used to allow how users browse the website to be compared and understood, which then helps to improve everyone’s browsing experience and to detect Web malfunctions.
WHAT TYPES OF COOKIES ARE THERE?
Regarding the company that managing them:
- First-party cookies: these cookies are sent to a device from a device or domain managed by the owner of the website itself and from which the service requested by users is provided.
- Third-party cookies: these cookies are sent to a device from a device or domain not managed by the owner of the website, but by another entity that processes any data obtained through cookies.
Regarding their expiration term:
- Session cookies: these cookies store information needed for your session and any changes concerning it, and they also identify whether or not you are registered on the Web.
- Persistent cookies: these cookies are stored on your hard disk and the website reads them every time you visit it. A permanent cookie has a set expiration date. The cookie will stop working after that date.
Regarding their purpose
- Technical cookies: these cookies are needed to browse the Web and for it to run smoothly. Using these cookies allows the following to be done: monitor data traffic and transfers, access restricted areas, make purchases, use security features, store content to share videos and share content through social networks.
- Custom cookies: these cookies let you access the service using set features based on criteria, such as the language chosen, the browser used to access the service, the region where the service is being accessed from, etc.
- Analysis cookies: these cookies allow how many users there are to be determined and thereby gather figures and perform statistical analysis on the way users use the services provided.
- Advertising cookies: these cookies allow any possible advertising space on the Website to be managed in the most efficient way possible.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: these cookies store information on user behavior, which is gathered through ongoing monitoring. These cookies enable Internet browsing habits to be understood and allow advertising related to your browsing profile to be shown.
WHAT COOKIES WE USE ON OUR WEBSITE AND FOR WHAT PURPOSE?
Besides the strictly necessary cookies, which are essential to enable you to browse around the Web and use its features, the Web uses the following third-party cookies:
Regarding the above mentioned third-party cookies, UNION is not responsible for the content and veracity of their privacy and/or cookie policies. You can find more information related here:https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/gtagjs/cookie-usage
HOW TO MANAGE COOKIES ON OUR WEBSITE?
We need to process your personal data for the purposes above mentioned and its legal basis is your express consent, which you provide by clicking on the relevant banner located in the Web.
You can also choose if you want cookies to be stored on your hard disk, or if you want them to be deleted, by following the instructions provided by your browser. You can also set your browser to accept or decline all cookies by default or set it to notify you when you receive a cookie, which allows you to decide on a case-by-case basis if you want it to be stored on your hard disk.
You can find detailed information about how to manage your cookies preferences through your browser here:
Please note that if you disable all cookies, some of the functionalities or content of the Web may be affected.
Effective date: 20 July 2022